bioMérieux – 2020 Financial Results24 February, 2021
- €3,118 million in full-year 2020 sales, up 19.7 % like-for-like
- Robust sales performance in the fourth quarter, with organic growth of 20.5 % led by sales of molecular biology reagents
- Contributive operating income before non-recurring items up nearly 58 % to €613 million, or 19.6 % of sales for the year
- Strong cash flow resulting in a financial debt free position at year-end
- 2021 guidance:
- In a persistently uncertain business environment, sales are expected to increase by between 5 % and 8 % at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation in 2021. Growth in the first half of 2021 should remain steady, on a par with the trend of Q4 2020.
- 2021 Contributive operating income before non-recurring items should be in line with 2020, at current exchange rates.
Alexandre Mérieux, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said: “In the unprecedented crisis the world has been facing for a year, bioMérieux has been strongly mobilized and has proven once again how relevant its solutions are. Our positioning as an In Vitro Diagnostics specialist and our development of solutions adapted to the detection of COVID-19 has allowed us to deliver a remarkable commercial and financial performance. In an uncertain context with regards to the evolution of the pandemic, bioMérieux and its teams are confidently committed to responding to the public health challenges posed by infectious diseases, by placing diagnostics at the heart of the patient care strategy.”
bioMérieux Sweden AB - Hantverksvägen 15 - SE-436 33 Askim, SWEDEN