You are here
VITEK® MS Accessories/Reagents
Accessories and reagents for VITEK® MS microbial ID system
Ready-to-use and light-stable reagents and accessories for safe, easy use with VITEK® MS mass spectrometry microbial identification instrument
- Reagent kits contain all reagents needed for ID testing
- No extra reagent preparation time required
- Target slides are barcoded for complete traceability of samples
- Safe disposal and no time-consuming cleaning
Do you need more information
The VITEK® MS microbial identification system uses innovative MALDI-TOF (Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Time-of-Flight) mass spectrometry technology to provide reliable, clear identification in just minutes. Maximize efficiency by using quality reagents and accessories made especially for use with it.
Ready-to-use reagents and complete reagent kits
The VITEK MS comes with ready-to-use, light stable matrix solution (CHCA) to save you time on reagent preparation. Formic Acid (FA)
- Optimize workflow and overall laboratory efficiency
- No extra reagent preparation needed
- CHCA matrix and FA are placed directly on the target slide
The VITEK® MS Reagent kits contain reagents and disposables designed for use with the VITEK® MS system.
- VITEK® MS Blood Culture Kit (RUO): Used for rapid and reliable Show in media library:
identification of microorganisms from a blood stream infection that
have the potential to cause sepsis. This research use only kit
reduces the time-to-result by up to 24 hours compared to
conventional methods by identifying microorganism directly from a
positive blood culture.
- NEW Mycobacterium/Nocardia and Mould Reagent Kits
The VITEK®MS Mycobacterium/ Nocardia and Mould reagent kits contain all reagents
necessary for simple inactivation and extraction for identification of these organisms on the
VITEK®MS. A patented mould protocol and patent pending mycobacteria protocol from solid
medium allows easy, quick and safe sample preparation.
Disposable target slides
Each VITEK® MS disposable target slide has a unique barcode to ensure clear traceability, flexibility and greater confidence with no manual
- No cleaning required: eliminates possible contamination that could lead to erroneous results or safety issues
- Each slide comes with three sections of 16 (48 samples) enabling the flexibility of small or large sample run sizes
- Up to 4 target slides (192 samples) can be run on the instrument at one time
VITEK® MS V1 Publications
VITEK® MS V2 Publications
VITEK® MS RUO Publications
Principle of the test: a Research Use Only (RUO) sample processing method for isolation and identification of microorganisms directly from positive standard and resin-based blood cultures by the VITEK® MS System.
Reference Number: 417172
Kit Contents include:
- VITEK® MS Blood Culture Lysis Buffer (4 plastic bottles of 25ml of Lysis Buffer)
- VITEK® MS Blood Culture Washing Buffer (4 plastic bottles of 100ml of Washing Buffer)
- Micro-swabs (two bags of 50 swabs Puritan)
Number of tests: 100 tests broken down into aliquots to perform 25 tests.
Storage Conditions: Before use, store bottles at 15-20C.
Once opened, the kit contents can be kept up to 4 weeks at room temp or at 2-8C
bioMérieux Sweden AB - Hantverksvägen 15 - SE-436 33 Askim, SWEDEN